Prepare yourself for the significant alterations to the Demon Hunter (DH) class, as Blizzard delves into the details of what’s to come with patch 10.2. The focus will primarily be on the Havoc specialization and some general class adjustments for now.
Demon Hunter (Source)
The Demon Hunter talent updates will gradually be introduced as they are finalized, starting with the Havoc tree changes in this week’s PTR build. While some talents may still be missing or marked as a work in progress [WIP], there are enough modifications to the Havoc tree and individual talents that Blizzard wants to gather feedback from players. Changes to the Vengeance specialization and the overall class will be implemented soon as well.
- The cooldown for Spectral Sight has been increased to 1 minute and 30 seconds (previously 1 minute, and 30 seconds with rank 2 talented).
- Spectral Sight now reveals the Fodder to the Flame demon.
- The Fodder to the Flame demon now takes fatal damage from Eye Beam/Fel Devastation in addition to Throw Glaive.
- The Fodder to the Flame buff is now granted immediately upon killing a demon (previously upon collecting a soul).
- The cooldown for Metamorphosis has been reduced to 3 minutes (previously 4 minutes).
- Darkness now has a 15% chance to completely avoid damage from an attack. This chance to avoid damage is increased by 100% when not in a raid.
- The talent First of the Illidari has been removed.
- The duration of Metamorphosis has been reduced to 20 seconds (previously 24 seconds).
- Demonic Appetite is now a baseline ability for Havoc and causes souls to generate 20 Fury (previously 30).
- Fel Eruption is now a baseline ability for Havoc.
- The cooldown for Glaive Tempest has been increased to 25 seconds (previously 20 seconds), with a 15% increase in damage. Damage is reduced beyond 8 targets (previously 5).
- Fel Barrage has been redesigned. It is no longer channeled, drains 15 Fury per tick, and lasts until Fury is depleted. Damage is reduced beyond 5 targets (previously 8).
- Initiative’s effect is no longer triggered or denied by damage over time effects.
- Momentum now increases damage by 6% (previously 8%), lasts for 6 seconds (previously 5 seconds), and can stack up to a maximum duration of 30 seconds (previously 10 seconds).
- A new talent called Inertia has been introduced. When empowered by Unbound Chaos, Fel Rush increases damage by 20% for 5 seconds.
- Fel Rush now enforces a global cooldown of 0.5 seconds (previously 0.25 seconds).
- Felblade now enforces a global cooldown of 0.5 seconds (previously 1.5 seconds).
- A new talent called Deflecting Dance is currently a work in progress [WIP]. Blade Dance deflects incoming attacks, absorbing damage up to 15% of your maximum health.
- A new talent called A Fire Inside is currently a work in progress [WIP]. Immolation Aura has 1 additional charge and a 30% chance to refund a charge when activated. You can have multiple Immolation Auras active at a time.
- The Felfire Heart talent has been removed.
- Fel Rush damage has been increased by 60%.
- Unbound Chaos is now a 1-point talent (previously 2) and increases the damage of the next Fel Rush by 250% (previously 200/400%).
- Critical Chaos is now a 1-point talent (previously 2) and has a 30% chance to refund your Critical Strike chance (previously 20/40%).
- Dancing with Fate is now a 1-point talent (previously 2). The Blade Dance final slash damage bonus is now 25% (previously 20/40%).
- Blind Fury is now a 1-point talent (previously 2). Eye Beam generates 40 Fury per second (previously 20/40) and has a 10% increased damage and duration (previously 10/20%).
- Serrated Glaives is now a 1-point talent (previously 2) and has been adjusted. Enemies hit by Chaos Strike or Throw Glaive (previously only Throw Glaive) take 15% (previously 10/20%) increased damage from Chaos Strike and Throw Glaive (previously Chaos Strike and Eye Beam).
- Growing Inferno is now a 1-point talent (previously 2) and increases damage by 10% per tick (previously 5/10%).
- Isolated Prey has been adjusted. It no longer causes Fel Rush to grant Fury; instead, it causes Immolation Aura to deal 30% increased damage.
- The 2-piece set bonus for Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope now has a reduced chance to trigger for each target beyond the first.